Monday, May 3, 2010

Visit To Assumption High School Louisville, KY

I go to Assumption High School in Louisville, Kentucky about once a year to help the students in Mr. Bob Brown's forensic science class with their facial reconstructions. Assumption is a college prep school for girls and the final project in their forensic class is a clay facial reconstruction on a skull. This year I went on April 23rd. The girls are bright, attentive, and polite. They have many intelligent questions and are fun to work with. They received their project skulls the day I was there, and have until May 10, 2010 to complete the reconstructions. Having seen projects from past years, I am amazed at the credible reconstructions. I applaud Mr. Brown for his dedication to his students and for bringing another art form to the students' attention. These students always infuse me with some of their energy and inspiration.




Assumption High School forensics class.
Students picking out a skull for facial reconstruction.

Mr. Bob Brown, forensics science teacher and a skull I took for demonstration purposes along with a couple of 'heads' from past years sitting on the desk.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda,
    I'm not sure if you remember me, i was one of the students in this class and i must say that your visit helped me so much when it came time for the project. I had such a blast this year in Mr. Browns class. He brought so much joy into my learning. Now going back to your visit. I'm a very artistic person and i love drawing people and using my hands so when this project came along i got so excited. Thanks to you i now have another possible career in my future. So once again thank you so much for the visit to our dear school.

    love, Megan Gonterman class of 2010

    ReplyDelete